Last Updated: 01/30/2023
Our organization is committed to building a culture of equity and inclusion, aligning with the principles and practices developed in partnership with Equity in the Center. This policy outlines our strategies to center race equity and create a Race Equity Culture, in accordance with Equity in the Center’s “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” research and publication.
Section 1: Data Analysis and Utilization
- Compensation Review: We regularly review compensation data across the organization to identify disparities by race and make necessary adjustments.
- Racial Disparities Identification: Team members are responsible for identifying racial disparities in their programs and/or portfolios.
- Data Analysis: We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact our programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- Adjustment of Programming Goals: We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with the changing needs of the communities we support.
- Non-Traditional Feedback Gathering: We employ methods such as interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders to gather feedback on programs and trainings.
- Demographic Data Disaggregation: We disaggregate data by demographics, including race, in every policy and program measured.
- Long-Term Planning: We have strategic plans and measurable goals to ensure that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
Section 2: Policies and Processes
- Vendor and Partner Vetting: We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- Promotion Process: Our promotion process anticipates and mitigates implicit and explicit biases about people of color serving in leadership positions.
- Diverse Leadership Recruitment: We actively seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions.
- Community Representation: We ensure community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- Inclusive Leadership Training: We help senior leadership become inclusive leaders through learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- Job Satisfaction and Retention Measurement: We measure and then disaggregate job satisfaction and retention data by race, function, level, and/or team.
- Organization-wide Engagement: We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels, in race equity work, ensuring that individuals understand their roles in creating a culture where race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
This policy reflects our unwavering commitment to equity and inclusion. We will continue to work in partnership with Equity in the Center and other stakeholders to review and update these strategies as needed to ensure that our organization remains at the forefront of building a Race Equity Culture.
For more information, please visit Equity in the Center.